Monday, March 9, 2009

Writing the Girl

I don't have a whole lot to report again this week. The new challenge this time around, was writing the leading lady, Zooey! This is the scene where one of the leading characters (Stephen) meets Zooey, the woman of his dreams. To find inspiration for this scene, I decided to try something different and fun. Since the scene takes place in a loud, noisy bar, I decided to go to a bar! Haha, I'm sure I looked quite humorous, sitting there drinking water and writing on my little note pad. Ultimately though, I think I walked away with some unique beats, and definitely some good material for background characters, atmosphere, and music. I really soaked in the scene, imagining what it would be like to have a romanic conversation in a place like that. For the actual writing of her character, I'm drawing heavily from the fun and quirkiness of Zooey Deschanel. Her ability to be strong but needy and light but earnest is really perfect for the character I'm writing. Over all, it's been a slow week in the writing department, but I'm hoping to pick up the pace this week! I'm on page 50. Until next time, good night and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment