Sunday, April 26, 2009

Deep Exhale

Well, I've done a couple things this week. After finishing the first draft I proof read the entire thing. I was looking for typos, but more importantly I was looking to see how the whole thing flowed as one piece. I thought it worked pretty well. It lost some momentum in the third act, but I have a few ideas of how to correct that. I even came up with a whole new scene, which I think really aids in one of the lead character's character arc. Beyond that however, I've decided I'm going to spend some time detoxing for the whole thing. I'm going to do my best not to work on or think about it for a whole week. This way I'll be able to look at it with a fresher pair of eyes. I also sent the screenplay out to five of my good screenwriting friends to get notes from them. To take my mind off of it, I have even started preliminary work on a different screenplay. It's great! Until next time, good night and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment